The 2013 BIC SUP collection is ramped up with a fresh batch of new models from the shaping bay of Patrice Remoiville, manufactured with four primary construction technologies: ACE-TEC, DURA-TEC, C-TEC and RACE-TEC.
• ACE-TEC is a benchmark for high-performance, lightweight AND durable SUP construction, a unique combination borne from this BIC SUP exclusive manufacturing technology. In addition to the best-selling 9’6, 10’6 and 11’6 all-around models, two new boards now round out the ACE-TEC range, the 12’6 & 11’ WINGs, which are the result of serious development work by our international team of riders, most notably Eric Terrien. With a hull design that is stable, smooth and efficient, the WING models are ideally suited for general touring, longer outings and fitness sessions. There are also three specialty boards for added versatility; a 10’6 WIND windsurf model with deck mast-track, an 11’6 WIND windsurf model with mast-track and retractable daggerboard, as well as the 10’6 FIT-SUP (Fitness-SUP) with a full-length deck pad and deck attachment points.
• DURA-TEC, as the name implies, features BIC’s legendary durability in an exclusive, nearly indestructible construction technology. DURA-TEC boards, available in 9’4, 10’4 and 11’4, are user-friendly with solid performance at a budget-friendly price. They are ideal for families, clubs, schools and novices looking for value and low-maintenance, stress-free performance.
• With its eye-catching Clear-Epoxy construction, the new C-TEC range combines a classic aesthetic with the solid strength of a real bamboo reinforced deck. C-TEC features two board series each with three sizes for optimal performance: the Classic Wood series, designed for all-around versatility and the Wave Pro series, pure wave machines with enough stability for easy access to true surfing performance.
• RACE-TEC boards feature Eric Terrien’s winning race shapes fine-tuned for no-compromise race performance. Lightweight and high-tech, available in 12’6 and 14’ sizes. Fast and forgiving, the perfect blend for race success.
• Not to be overlooked are the SUP AIR and SUP SOFT series. For riders who like to travel far and light the new 10’ and 10’6 AIR models feature thicker, wider and more rigid designs. Families and schools will really appreciate the 10’ and 11’ SOFT models with their comfortable, resilient outer skin, designed for maximum safety and flexibility for beginner riders.
Your paddle connects you to the water and allows you to efficiently get where you’re looking to go. The 2013 range of paddles has been completely redesigned by shaper Patrice Remoiville and SUP-guru Jimmy Blakeney. Two new blade shapes and four construction options ensure you’ll find a paddle to fit your style and budget.
There’s a whole new world of watersports out there waiting to be explored, see you on the water!